Saturday, August 16, 2008

A book, a very beautiful book

I sneaked into the room where the computer is just waiting for me to have a rendezvous with it, after my sister went back upstairs to bathe. See, it's her time to use the computer on weekends. Hehe. When I approached the computer I saw that she turned it off, meaning she's done with it. But we never knowwww, after her bath she might go back downstairs, probably killed the computer to save electricity. Now I'm back in front of my beloved monitor doing what I love to do. =D And so the adventure begins.

I'm currently reading Harper Lee's Pulitzer prize-winning novel To Kill A Mockingbird. It's nothing short of amazing. Scout, one of the young protagonists, is the narrator of the story. He's part of the story as well. I just want to say that that novel's ingenuous in that it makes the reader laugh and entrances you to get involved in the story, too. It's plot is deceivingly simple, so simple you have to wonder how it reached the criteria for a Pulitzer. Here we can inject the saying, "Simplicity is beauty." And yes it is. It's very beautiful. It's similar to a pretty song phonetic-wise. It has depth, and substance. And it's entertaining. The characters are a major part of that. It depicts of the characters' childhood and growing up, its wonderment and awe and curiosity in things around them. The book is like a warm cup of coffee, because it offers you comfort and reassurance as a book with moral values give.

If this book were a man I'd marry him. LOL

No comments: